Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ukkokei Ramen Ron: Shoyu


Another bowl of heaven, special thanks to the ramen gods. It is very seldom that I order a bowl with clear soup, and this is one of those times. I had their basic bowl of Ukkokei Shoyu (Silky fowl-soy sauce ramen). They also had Shoyu bowls with more toppings but I opt for the basic one. The soup process was that they soak in different kinds of food in their "carefully selected soy sauce", which they say was searched out all over Japan. It was clear as water but it has a variety of flavour hidden. The noodles I must say was amazingly soft and tender. Although it was too much for me (what???), they were still amazing. The main toppings were a big slice of Chasiu and Bamboo Shoots. I have never found Bamboo Shoots so good until I tried them in this dish. I think that texture (a bit crunchy) of the Bamboo Shoots were there to contrast to texture of the soft noodles. But nevertheless, I love it!


Ukkokei Ramen Ron
888 Gateway Plaza, 2126 A Mabini St.
Malate, Manila
(Landmark: Caltext at Quirino Ave. near Roxas Blvd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment