Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mu Noodle Bar: Beef And Tendon

2nd post of a bowl of noodles! More to come, I'm sure. All you can see in the photo is soup, miso soup. Underneath that boiling bowl are udon noodles, beef, and tendon. I opted to order their bowl of Smoked Duck, but they were out of duck (sigh). Instead, I went for a more classic choice, Beef and Tendon. Their bowl is, I think, enough for 2 people who don't eat much. It was a BIG bowl for me and just forced myself to finish the last few noodles, beef, and tendon (and I shared a few too!).

The soup was ultimately, extremely, omg, boiling hot. I had to blow off the heat around 10 times in every spoonful just to cool it down. It was really really really hot! They also serve their beef a bit raw and let it cook itself with the heat of the soup. Yes, the soup is THAT hot to cook beef (it was served half cook though hehe). The bowl also contains a LOT of beef and tendon which you will really find soft and tasty. I was really surprised to see more beef and tendon underneath the udon noodles. That's something you don't see much in noodle bowls (more meat!).

Here's an unclear photo of a small chunk of half cook beef and tendon. Unclear photo since the steam from the soup keeps on fogging my camera lens! I also thought that they're spoon was really nice. Small details count!

They also have other noodle bowls specialties and one of them caught my attention, Carbonara Udon. It was my first time to encounter such a dish on the menu and really curious about it. That'll be on the list of my what-and-where-to-eat-next! I just hope they don't ruin the Carbonara name..


Mu Noodle Bar
2/F Glorietta 2, Ayala Center, Makati City
(02) 556 8739

No comments:

Post a Comment