Thursday, July 24, 2014

Banzai


Banzai: The Great Teppanyaki Theater

The number of buffet restaurants here in Manila is increasing, and each caters different kinds of cuisines: Filipino, Chinese, International, and more. It is a thrill to hear a new buffet restaurant that offers ALL JAPANESE FOOD. The food gods heard my prayers to open a Japanese buffet in an affordable price! It is my second time to feast in this Japanese heaven and I did try on the dishes I didn't even bother to try before.


It is my first time to try Salmon Sushi because I am not a huge fan of raw food. To my surprise, I really liked it! I think the rice eliminated the slimy texture of the salmon. I also tried their Tuna and Tamago Sushi, which were both not bad at all! I didn't try it with wasabi and soy sauce. But maybe next time I guess! Let me love the dish itself first before I add condiments.


Salmon Sashimi


Chicken Teriyaki Pizza

And they have pizza, too!! I remember they have it in 3 flavours: Chicken Teriyaki, Seafood, and... (I forgot). My favourite was the Seafood because it had shrimp and Japanese mayo in it. I couldn't snap a photo of the Seafood pizza because it runs out fast on the buffet table! I think a lot of people call it their favourite one, too!


Japanese Fried Rice


Here's a photo of one the chefs making Seafood Okonimiyaki. I really love that dish so I watched him for a while to see how it is done. I think it is very tricky to cook since he keeps on edging the sides with his spatulas. Trying to hold the piece and not fall before it's ready to serve, I guess?


Snow Cone Station: Choose your flavour/s!


I don't really like Takoyaki, but I was just in awe to see they have their own Takoyaki station!


And of course it wouldn't be a complete Japanese buffet experience without having to taste their RAMEN! I had 2 little bowls of heaven: Tantanmen and Tonkotsu Ramen. Both bowls had the same toppings and noodles, but they differ in soup flavouring.


Tantanmen Ramen


Tonkotsu Ramen (Best Seller!)


Banzai: The Great Teppanyaki Theater
By The Bay Leisure Park, Seaside Blvd., Pasay City (Beside Buffet 101)
(02) 552 7368

No comments:

Post a Comment