Friday, July 11, 2014

Cafe De Seoul: Chocolate Lava

I am in love with chocolate cake. Plus points 'cause it's Chocolate LAVA Cake! When I found out about this from Cafe De Seoul thru a photo, I had to try it myself.

 It was like a huge chocolate brownie with rich chocolate glaze and cocoa powder finish on top. They warmed it up and served it with whipped cream and caramel sauce. I thought it would be better if they served it with ice cream on top, just because it tastes better with a warm brownie or chocolate cake. 

When you open up your cake to see the gooey lava filling, this is how it'll look like. The cake itself was very moist and chocolatey. Just the way I like it! The top part felt a bit like cookie dough maybe because it's a bit underbake, but it was still delicious! As for the chocolate lava, it was a rich and thick kind of chocolate syrup. It wasn't really syrup but it was like a melted block of chocolate. I preferred dipping my cake into into the lava to give that extra chocolatey feeling in every bite. And when you get used to the flavour for a while, try adding the whipped cream. This is something definitely worth coming back for.


Cafe De Seoul
2/F One Archers Place Building, Taft Ave., Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment