Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ramen Yushoken: Tantanmen

"We don't prohibit sharing, but the ramen gods aren't happy when people split a bowl."

For my first ever food blog post (more to come!!), I decided to post on my favourite kind of dish. RAMEN. Or anything with soup and noodles actually (even instant noodles sometimes)! You might see A LOT of ramen (or anything with noodles) posts here in the near future (warning you as early as now! But please just keep reading..). But of course, this is a food blog and NOT a ramen blog! Witness my journey in tasting what life has to offer and that goes with my food motto in, "How can one resists what life has to offer?". And!!! Pardon me for my lack of photos, I took this without interest on putting up a food blog! I will take more photos of the dish and the little details on it, too! Enjoy!

I don't usually order a spicy ramen bowl, but I just thought to give it a try. And this is my first Tantan-men ever! I love their noodles since they were very thick (I love udon, too!!), heavy, and tender. Unlike others that instantly melt in your mouth, which are obviously overcook. The soup, on the other hand, has its own kick. It was milky and creamy thick, but not thick as ice cream, and it was really flavourful. As if a lot of different taste it going on in just one scoop! The spiciness also just glides it's way to your throat and doesn't stay in your mouth (says the girl who is not madly in love with spicy food). So it doesn't really bother you that much and makes you want to gulp another spoonful of soup and noodles!  The grounded pork on top added texture to the whole dish. They're like little pieces of heaven care of the ramen gods. 

The dish was served very hot and you had to finish it fast (not to the point that you'll swallow the whole bowl!). It just wouldn't taste as good as it is when it cools down. You'll also see collagen in your soup but they say it's normal. So take a snap of your ramen bowl fast and eat up!


Ramen Yushoken
Molito, Alabang-Zapote Rd, Muntinlupa
(02) 808 7424

No comments:

Post a Comment